Location: Wyoming, Minnesota
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R0020129
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The University of Minnesota Physicians seeks a hard-working, independent Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner who will provide support for Surgical services.
Join our practice as we continue to lead innovative and groundbreaking efforts in general surgery care supporting both the mission of MHealth and the community in and near Wyoming.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work in both the inpatient and the outpatient settings
- Function with a high level of autonomy and practice at the top of their license
- Perform history and physicals, consultative services, inpatient rounding, OR first assist, and discharge follow up care, providing continuity throughout the care continuum.
- Partner with our physicians as a first assist with a focus on general surgery conditions. This position has a heavy first assist component including robotic instrumentation.
- Independently perform minor procedures in our surgical clinic.
- Practice in-person at our MHealth Fairview Lakes Hospital and MHealth Fairview Wyoming Clinic.
- 40 hours per week, the hours varying between 7AM -5PM Monday through Friday with the potential of adding weekends in the future
We're Looking For a PA or NP Who Is:
- A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or formal Adult Nurse Practitioner training program.
- Eligible or is certified through NCCPA, ANCC or AANP.
- Licensed or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through the MN Board of Medical Practice (PAs) or MN APRN license or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through MN Board of Nursing (NP's).
- Able to meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer competitive salary and a market leading benefits package to support our employees and their families. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some important highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
About our Community (optional - recommended for national search)
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.