Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Neuro ICU 10
The Nursing Assistant (Care Partner) assists with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse. This Nursing Assistant (Care Partner) role will work in the Neurology Department. This is an optimal position for a nursing student currently enrolled in a program of professional registered nursing and successful completion of the first semester of nursing school to include clinical nursing fundamentals.
$5,000 sign-on bonus is being offered for all qualified and eligible candidates.
Vanderbilt Clinical Neurosciences in Nashville, Tenn., is a leader in treating brain, spine and nervous system disorders. Collaboration is key in caring for such complex issues. That's why Vanderbilt neurosurgeons, neurologists and other experts team up to care for you. Our teams treat all neurological conditions including brain tumors; epilepsy; headaches; Parkinson's, essential tremor and other movement disorders; stroke, and muscular sclerosis, among others.
Read about exciting new developments happening only at Vanderbilt!
- The ICU nursing 2 to 1
- Stepdown is 3 or 4 to 1
- Care partner and charge nurse help all
- Medical receptionist
- Run by anesthesia so always providers or NPs available
- Taking care of neurologically compromised patients
- Surgical patients/neuro interventional patients/stroke/complex spine/general neuro patients/Gilly and bray
- Turn over 12 to 15 beds a day. Can be less than that
- Night shift does 6 weekend shifts per 6 weeks, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all considered weekend shifts. Day shift does 4 per 6 weeks but Saturday and Sunday are only considered weekend shifts for day shift.
- Full-time, 36 hours/week
- Days (7am-7pm)
- Nights (7pm-7am)
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with day to day delivery of patient care.
- Facilitates efficient and safe patient care and flow by following work area standards.
- Serves as a liaison for communication and education of patient and family needs.
- Supports unit operations and patient flow by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications - External
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) (Required) AND
- Other : 1) Current enrollment in a program of professional nursing RN and successful completion of first semester of nursing school to include nursing fundamentals clinical, or 2) Graduation from a Nursing Assistant or Aide Training Program, or 3) Min of one year previous experience as a care partner or nursing assistant/technician.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.