At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Health Engagement Nurse empowers members to make better healthcare decisions, and connect them with the appropriate resources, promoting engagement in clinical programs and providing health education on an individual and group level. The Nurse utilizes analytic data to improve employee engagement and affordability, to deliver high impact results. This field-based position focuses on health education, behavior modification, health care consumerism with UHC and Optum products, and engagement in the wellness program offerings.
- Clinical liaison on site to promote and educate on plan specifics and member resources
- Clinical interface with facilities and providers for resolution of issues concerning members, benefit interpretation, program definition and clarification
- Monitors and analyzes customer specific health analytic data and develops targeted data driven strategic plans and programs; provides support to clinical programs; may perform clinical assessments, non-invasive biometric screenings and associated health education and counseling
- Track individual and group employee meetings in proprietary dashboard
- Referral of employees to available clinical programs including premium designated physicians
- Educate members on health education and condition management (formal and informal) in collaboration with OptumHealth
- Create, manage, and implement employer specific programs based on employer’s needs
- Knowledge of community resources for referral and community outreach
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted RN licensure in the state in which you reside
- 3+ years of clinical experience
- Beginner or Intermediate skills within Office 365 applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel (work will require working at multiple sites/locations)
- 3+ years experience in managed care, with significant program management
- Solid familiarity with disease management / condition management programs
- Proven effective interpersonal skills, influence, collaboration, and listening skills in understanding customer needs
- Proven clear and concise written & verbal communication skills; successful virtual presentation experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.