Location: Akron, Ohio
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist works under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
1. Works under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
2. Provides patient care before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, administering and maintaining the anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management, overseeing patient recovery from anesthesia and caring for the patient's immediate post-operative needs.
3. Performs administrative functions for departments of anesthesia for the overall functioning of the department and directly affect the efficiency and quality of services provided.
4. Maintains an approved supervision agreement and review and revise as needed.
5. Leads and/or actively participates in unit/divisional or department performance improvement projects annually.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in anesthesia as a CRNA is required.
2. Experience in pediatrics is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's degree in related field is required Doctorate degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure, CRNA certification, Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists certification, and ACLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: