All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Team Based Nursing Model
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth North Pinellas
The role you’ll contribute:
The Wound Care RN serves as a care consultant and provider for patients with complex wound care needs and ostomy management. Accountable for collaborating with the health care team to define and communicate the expected patterns of care for this patient population. Provides leadership for education and research programs to support the advancement of wound and ostomy care and improvement of patient outcomes through implementation of evidenced based practice. Serves as a resource, leader, and role model for wound and ostomy care and functions as a liaison with the community, other health care professionals, and other disciplines regarding areas of wound and ostomy care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works under the direction of the Wound Care Institute Director and Clinical Nurse Manager to provide care, works collaboratively to accomplish the goals of quality care.
· Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs; sets goals; establishes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
· Knowledgeable of departmental Safety Initiatives relative to the care of the Hyperbaric Medicine Patient. Visual observation and/or audible contact with the hyperbaric control panel and patients in hyperbaric chambers must be maintained at all times by the Hyperbaric Technologist.
o If Hyperbaric Technicians leave the hyperbaric room/environment, for any reason, they are responsible for obtaining coverage during their absence.
o Both the requesting and covering employee are responsible for observation and management of the hyperbaric environment and patient safety. Gives report to Technologist on return, reporting patient’
· Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest or other emergencies.
· Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains all certifications, attends 75% of department staff meeting, acts as designated preceptor for new hires re: to wound/ostomy care, chairs wound resource nurse program, member of professional nursing organization, attends hospital wide committees, member of shared governance council.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
State issued license as Registered Nurse
One or more years of nursing practice experience
Associate Degree in Nursing
One year of practice in which leadership and teaching competence has been demonstrated
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.