Receptionist AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
250 S. Chickasaw Trail, Orlando, FL 32825
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Part Time, Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for answering the telephone and covering the front desk during normal business hours.
· Prepares and deposits in designated checking and savings accounts all monies received.
· Responsible for receipting and depositing all payments received.
· Prepares reports and documents as assigned by the Administrator.
· Maintains all records and documents in an organized orderly system.
· Sorts, disburses to appropriate individuals, and processes all incoming and outgoing mail.
· Handles the petty cash box.
What You Will Need:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Intermediate level of computer literacy
· Typing of 50 wpm
Adventist Care Centers is the skilled nursing branch of Adventist Health System, one of the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare systems in the United States. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by providing whole person care that meets the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of all who reside with us. Taking care of our team members is just as important to us as taking care of our residents, which is why we provide comprehensive benefits, including health insurance and tuition reimbursement, for both full- and part-time employees. Apply today to join our team in providing whole person care!
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.