Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As a Speech Pathologist with the team at Banner Churchill Community Hospital, You will join a team of three Speech Pathologists in this close knit department.
This is a per diem position, with no guarantee of shift or hours, helping to provide coverage as needed. Weekend, night, and holiday availability are required for this role There is also call coverage in this role. If you love working with a fantastic team at a close-knit hospital, this position is for you so apply today!
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon - a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe - offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patients' functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients' physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Current licensure in the state of practice. Certificate of Clinical Competence or documented acceptance in Clinical Fellowship Year. BLS certification required.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.