Serves as a liaison between the referring/attending physicians, discharge planners, case managers, or referring hospital, home health agencies as well as nursing homes. Performs pre-admission assessments, providing medical director with the assistance to ensure that patients meet admission criteria. Updates patient assessments and provides recommendations to meet inpatient requirements. Works to promote the CHRISTUS philosophy and marketing in our service area through direct patient and family interaction.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Provides educational material as requested to hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, and community organizations. Serves as a liaison for physicians, nurses, case managers, therapists, etc., regarding inpatient admission. Initiates patient and family orientation, education and tours.
3. Communicates with physicians from SMHCC and other facilities to promote physician referrals to the program and demonstrates understanding of patient relations and marketing concepts. Serves as a member of the marketing department to implement marketing goals.
4. Serves as a liaison for SMHCC, SMRH and surrounding territories and as a provider representative for the PHO and MSO.
5. Plans and organizes territorial marketing goals and objectives. Participates in developing and implementing new programs and services.
6. Communicates with SMRH those patients who meet the criteria as a candidate for the Rehab Hospital. Provides assistance in arranging transportation and insurance verifications. Works closely with admissions and business offices to ensure admission criteria meet all government agencies and third party reimbursement and verification criteria.
7. Improves professional growth and development through continued education by attending seminars, workshops, and studying recent trends in both marketing and health care.
8. Maintains an admission/denial log, making recommendations for alternative placement if unable to service the patient in the Continuum of Care.
Associate Degree in Nursing
Registered Nurse, Prefer CRRN (not required)
Comply with standards as set forth by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (TJC), state and federal agencies, and hospital requirements, including annual TB skin test and in-service.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to coordinate duties of RN, Nurse Liaisons and the ability to fill in where necessary.
Good assessment skills
Knowledge of Medicare guidelines
Excellent intrapersonal and problem solving skills
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.