Staff NurseRiver Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Staff Nurse, to join our team.
Conducts all services and programs of the College Health Service department including planning, recruitment, orientation, training, marketing of programs and services and quality assurance.
1. Provides information to the college community regarding disease prevention and health maintenance.
2. Attends to the college community through health screenings, treatment, teaching, referrals, and education programs.
3. Maintains records and reports and managing the worker compensation process.
4. Maintains Health Services policy/procedures and medical standing orders with approval of the Medical consultant.
5. Receives the college community for medical evaluation/screening, consultation, referrals, and incident reports.
6. Confers with Health Career departments to ensure proper health requirements for student's clinical affiliations.
7. Provides information to assist Health Career students in completing medical record forms.
8. Reviews Health Career student's medical records and approves them for clinical practice; maintains pending medical records and processes students with special health needs.
9. Assists campus police with campus emergency's.
10. Processes student incident and worker incident reports.
11. Processes/maintains worker compensation protocol, including; first report, physician evaluations, recommendations and referrals.
12. Maintains Return To Work policy and communicates this to the employee's supervisor and Human Resources department (workers compensation agency if applicable).
13. Processes wage statements, physician bills and workers composation checks.
14. Evaluates and processes pre-employment drug tests, physicals and TB tests.
15. Conducts blood pressure, administers and reads TB skin tests, vaccinations and medications.
16. Maintain record system of student utilization of health care services including a component for tracking immunization compliance.
17. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. B.S.N. Preferred, but not required.
1. Licensed Registered Nurse in Illinois
2. CPR Certified
3. Proficient in: Excel, MS Word, Power Point, scanning, copying, faxing, voice mailing and emailing
1. Minimum 2 years nursing experience
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.