If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, join the team of Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital. This newly constructed hospital will serve patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The 50-bed hospital will be a joint venture partnership between Dignity and Kindred Healthcare.
The Night Shift CNA provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintain regulatory requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care and comfort. Communicate with physicians and team members about changes in patients' clinical condition. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
The One-on-one coach will assume responsibility and accountability for designated patient with cognitive and safety awareness deficits under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
· Assigned to specific patient or patients who they will be responsible for during a given shift.
· Will remain within reach of patient at all times unless relieved by other designated staff member. If patient leaves the designated area staff member will alert other staff and stay with patient.
· When appropriate will engage in activities such as games to help keep patient engaged and calm.
· Will ambulate patient when cleared by therapy to do so.
· Will provide for the patients basic needs such as offering them beverages or snacks when appropriate to do so. Will not be responsible to monitor dysphagia patients.
· Will assist other nursing staff with re-positioning or transferring patients when appropriate to do so.
· Maintain the patients' environment in a safe, neat and clean manner.
· Will report any unusual or in-appropriate behavior to nursing staff.
· Provide basic comfort Measures, straighten sheets, blankets and pillows.
· Assist with basic grooming activities.
· Current CNA Certificate/License in AZ and current Basic Life Support/CPR card
Job : Aides/Assistants/Coordinators/Care givers Primary Location : AZ-Chandler-CHC PR & MSA-DIGNITY-KINDRED REHAB HOSP EAST VALLEY LLC Organization : 3199 - CHC PR & MSA-DIGNITY-KINDRED REHAB HOSP EAST VALLEY LLC Shift : Night