Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Auditor \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work in the Billing Office at Metropolitan Park East in Seattle, WA\.
The Nurse Auditor is responsible for scheduling audits, meeting with auditors, posting audit findings, comprising quarterly reports of audit results, acting as a resource for patient financial services staff\.
In this position you will:
- Meet with auditors, familiarize them with Swedish records, policies, etc\., answer questions and be available as they conduct audits\.
- Review audit findings, obtain further documentation from hospital departments, and check accuracy of findings\.
- Assist Patient Financial Services staff in regards to edits in Epic and Emdeon or other third party claims editing systems\.
- Finalize and sign\-off with auditors on agreed upon final audit reports\.
- Assist with written appeals on payor denials
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing required\. Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire\.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington
- Two years prior clinical experience
- Proven ability to be detail oriented, focused and meet production goals
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Working knowledge of EPIC medical records and a broad range of clinical experience
- Case Management and writing appeals experience
- Experience with researching and analyzing coding and charge or claim edits
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 150105