Providence is calling a Chief Executive, Laboratory Services to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
The Chief Executive for Laboratory Services will provide strategic leadership as well as financial and operational management and direction to the laboratories in the Oregon Region, including 8 Rapid Response Labs, 8 Blood Banks, the regional Pathology Department (Histology, Cytology, Surgical Pathology), the Regional Core Laboratory (Clinical, Microbiology, Molecular and Call Center) and Regional Courier Department.
In this position you will:
· As a member of the regional executive leadership team, participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
· Collaborates with senior leadership in the health system's long range strategic planning activities promoting excellence, maximizing system integration in clinical practice, improving the patient care experience and enhancing the value proposition of delivered services.
· Works with community, regional and national providers to develop and implement outreach strategies and business development opportunities. Develops and fosters effective collaborative business relationships with affiliated physician groups, Providence Health Plan, Providence Medical Group, and Providence St. Joseph Hospitals outside Oregon.
· Provides operational and strategic leadership and is accountable for overall strategies, finance and operations of Laboratory Services, and process efficiencies compared against industry best practices to improve quality of care, increase patient satisfaction and support Providence's mission. Implement practices to achieve productivity and efficiency consistent with Oregon and System goals.
· Establishes organizational structures and management systems to achieve strategic and tactical goals for 1) delivery of laboratory services in an integrated healthcare system and 2) laboratory business growth external to the Providence Health & Services system.
· Directs Pathology and Laboratory services in alignment with current clinical guidelines, utilization trends, cost efficiency, and payer reimbursement strategies.
· Develops and implements new integration and growth strategies and initiatives as appropriate including quality, fiscal management, compliance, reimbursement and physician support. Fosters structures and programs necessary to maintain and continuously improve delivery of quality Laboratory Services across the healthcare delivery system.
· Working with the Regional Sales Manager, develops strategies for and oversees implementation of business plans for outreach growth.
· Providence St. Joseph Health has created the Institute for Mental Health and Wellness, supported by an initial $100 million investment that will be used to identify and advance innovative solutions in mental health and an expert advisory panel will be convened to create a blueprint for improving mental health care in U.S. communities.
· Recommends and pursues administrative and process simplification designed to reduce waste, re-work and redundancy at the regional and system levels.
· Consolidates operations to achieve the Triple AIM while still preserving the unique elements necessary for effective acquisition of new outreach business external to Providence Health & Services.
· Collaborates with Information Technology Services to leverage I.T., including electronic health records, to achieve cost-effective delivery of high quality and efficient laboratory services across the integrated healthcare delivery system.
· Supports physicians and other clinicians by knowing and understanding medical and staff issues. Works collaboratively with medical and clinical staff to provide appropriate operations environment necessary for optimum physician practice and quality clinical outcomes.
· Establishes and regularly reports on Laboratory Service success indicators consistent with Regional and System goals.
· In collaboration with Regional Finance, oversees the financial and capital needs for the Regional Laboratory Services.
· In partnership with human resources, develops a workforce plan which includes diversity responding to the growing clinical needs of the organization, providing guidance on matters related to resource utilization, recruitment, retention, staff competencies, education and the working conditions of staff.
· Gathers information, investigates, researches and analyzes activities and trends which impact organization-wide laboratory department and operations.
· Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· An undergraduate degree required (Laboratory Science or related science preferred) and relevant advanced degree such as MBA, MPH, MHA, etc. highly desired.
· Minimum of ten years' experience as a proven leader (P&L accountability) within a fast-paced complex and matrixed environment such as a large integrated health system or commercial laboratory management.
· Must be a" systems" thinker with long-term planning experience.
· A strong dynamic leader who is confident in "looking ahead," can take risks in a measured way, and be able to guide others through a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement new service delivery models.
· Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible with competing priorities, while still getting things done through creative implementation of the position description.
· Proven and extremely strong business and financial management and budget development skills. Experience and demonstrated success working in an organization under strong regulatory oversight.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, communications, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with physicians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and community members.
· Experience developing, implementing and demonstrating a continuous improvement culture. Demonstrate level of perseverance.
· Demonstrates commitment to improving outcomes, experience and value for patients and families.
· Experience working in changing environments where flexibility and comfort with ambiguity have produced significant results.
· Demonstrates courage and confidence to lead and inspire an organization through change and periodic uncertainty.
· Results-oriented, data driven with a focus on action and outcomes and an ability to gain consensus where appropriate.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 139681