Providence is calling a Provider Services Manager ( Full Time / Day Shift ) at our Providence Medical Institute Admin & Epic Building location in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- TheManager, Enrollment requires in-depth understanding of managed care systems, healthplan benefits, division of financial responsibility grids and healthplan/medical group risk arrangements.
- Performsjob activities in accordance with PH&S-CA Mission and Core Values,maintaining confidentiality while creating and maintaining a work environmentthat affirms and fosters respect for human diversity.
- Proven experience in using data processing and membership/enrollmentsoftware programs.
- Strong interpersonalrelations and team building skills are a requirement for internal and externalpurposes.
- Experience in managed carepolicies and procedures and customer service is essential.
- Supporting thevalues of PH&S-CA and proven ability to use team concepts to enhance sharedleadership philosophies are essential for the success of this position.
- The Manager is responsible for thedevelopment and ongoing operations of the department.
- The position oversees the Enrollmentdepartment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A bachelor's degree in health careadministration, business administration or an equivalent area is required.
- Equivalentwork experience as a substitute to professional degree is acceptable.
- A minimumof 8 years experience in managed care, health plan, or general healthcare administrationenvironment, with five years in progressively responsible leadership positionsis required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Work history emphasis within an independent physician association, management services organization or physician hospital organization is preferred.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 152790