Providence is calling a Radiology Technologist to the Radiology Department at Providence Imaging Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Radiology Technologist will perform Radiologic exams using a variety of equipment.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of technical procedures according to department, hospital and national standards.
- Be responsible for accurately completing records, daily quality assurance and improvement information, and meeting regulatory standards.
- Calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Optimize equipment and supplies to benefits department operations.
- Stock work area daily; may be involved in ordering and stocking of general supplies.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, samples for testing or related information.
- Operate multiple communication and telecommunication systems.
- Coordinate scheduling of tests.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an AMA approved training program for Radiologic Technology.
- AART registry eligible and able to obtain registry within one (1) year of employment.
- Physical ability to transport equipment to and from patient's bedside.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BLS certification.
- Current experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
About the Providence Imaging Center
Providence Imaging Center (PIC) is an independent diagnostic testing facility for outpatient medical imaging, located on the east side of the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus. PIC completed an expansion, which added 8,000 square feet, and several pieces of new equipment and 23 dedicated PIC parking spots conveniently located adjacent to the facility. Board –certified Radiologists and a team of highly qualified trained technologist and professional clerical staff are dedicated to providing clients with high quality imaging exams in a caring comfortable and convenient environment.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 150627