Under the direction of the Centralized Staffing Program Manager, coordinate staffing for all nursing units for multiple facilities. Verifies licenses and certification. Serves as a liaison between the staffing office and hospital departments. Assists the nursing administration with reports, staffing variances, and scheduling. Actively participates in recruitment activities for nursing services.
A: Job Specific
· Develops and maintains nursing department staffing records and master schedules for multiple hospitals.
· Identifies with the Centralized Staffing Program Manager, CCO or designee the number and level of personnel required to provide patient care, initiates changes in personnel and assignment as directed.
· Maintains the accuracy of the nursing payroll time sheets. Initiates changes and correction as necessary.
· Completes schedules and documents daily staffing changes.
· Demonstrates competency and practice behavior in areas of staffing variances.
· Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to the Area Staffing Program Manager, CCO or designee and keeps her/him informed of situations requiring follow up or immediate attention.
· Reports any employee absences, scheduling and tardy issues to the Area Staffing Program Manager, CCO or designee for corrective and possibly disciplinary action.
· Maintains and verifies copies of current licensure, CPR and ACLS (if applicable) for the nursing staff, as appropriate.
· Participates in recruitment activities for nursing services as directed by the Area Staffing Program Manager.
· Coordinates with Educators for orientation of new employees.
· Schedules and participates in in-services as appropriate.
Coordinator of Staffing
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: One-year experience as staffing coordinator in acute care hospital preferred.
Shift: Mostly weekends.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : HR/Training Primary Location : CA-Westminster-CA Central Staffing Organization : 4211 - CA Central Staffing