ICG Home Health Care Services is seeking Licensed Registered Nurses (RNs) to provide home health care services in / around Cook County. We have full-time, part-time and 1099 (Fee-for-Service) positions available.
1. Assesses the home care client’s needs on a continuous basis
2. Initiates the client’s plan of care, revising it as often as necessary, taking into account the interaction of the client, family and community
3. Provides those services to the client’s in their homes requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, including observation, management and teaching
4. Consults with and educates the client and family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques and prevention strategies
5. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
6. Acts as the manager of the client’s care by coordinating agency and community services and making referrals to other services as needed
7. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client’s needs
8. Implements infection control and safety precautions
9. Evaluates the effectiveness and outcomes of care
10. Plans for the client’s discharge from service
11. Documents skilled nursing care based on the client’s care plan
12. Submits all required paperwork in a timely manner according to agency policy and in compliance with legal, regulatory and reimbursement requirements
13. Prepares periodic reports which are sent to the physician and payors regarding care provided to the client
14. Participates in regular case (team) conferences with other disciplines involved in the care of the client
15. Maintains professional competence through in-service education attendance and similar professional resources
16. Participates as a member of organizational committees as assigned
17. Maintains a working knowledge of their party reimbursement in relation to home health client benefits
18. Drives to and from home visits and appointments
19. Performs other duties related to this position as needed
Illinois Licensed Registered Nurse
Experience – Minimum of one year of hospital or home health experience is preferred: demonstration of clinical competency and ability to work independently providing and coordinating holistic client care.
Personal Characteristics – Empathy, warmth, tact, responsibility, initiative, objectivity, adaptability, organization, proven ability to foster good interpersonal relationships and a commitment to the purpose and objectives of the organization.
Judgment – Work Uses sound nursing judgment based on physiological, psychological, social, spiritual and nursing knowledge. Substantial, and often prompt, judgment is needed to evaluate a client’s condition, needs and attitudes.
Internal Number: 111
About ICG Home Health Care Services
ICG Home Health Care Services was founded in 1993. With over 150 clinical staff we are committed to improving patient's health, their well-being and most of all, their quality of life. ICG Home Health Care Services offers an extensive range of programs and specialized services:
Durable Medical Equipment
Home Health Care
Traumatic Brain Injury Case Management
ICG Home Health Care Services accept most private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, cost-effective home and outpatient rehabilitation services and case management services to the pediatric and adult populations in/around the greater Chicago Metropolitan area. We believe in a coordinated team approach to therapeutic, rehabilitative and supportive services to assist and meet the needs of the individual and family to achieve optimal level of function.