Full-time RN Position - Oncology - New Orleans
General Job Summary
This job is considered a leader in the provision of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and Scope & Standards of Practice. The RN effectively delegates, directs and assists licensed and ancillary team members; assumes accountability for quality patient outcomes; exhibits sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity in all interactions; maintains involvement in activities aimed toward the achievement of unit and the department's strategic goals and objectives and demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for his/her own practice and supports Ochsner's philosophy of nursing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
• Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
• Communicates, delegates and manages nursing team resources (human and fiscal) properly and serves as a leader and partner on the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Utilizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and promote change in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
• Embraces concepts and behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction and employee morale and improvement in the profession of nursing.