We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU) at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
The Neuroscience Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital is the first non-academic Comprehensive Stroke Center in Virginia, and the first Brain Tumor Joint Commission Certified Site in the nation. We offer innovative neurologic services and technological capabilities, including Neuro Interventional Endovascular Stroke Rescue and Gamma Knife Services. Join the Neuroscience Unit that is leading the nation in Comprehensive Stroke Care.
Our team of compassionate Registered Nurses consists of a strong multidisciplinary group of highly trained and specialized staff where certification and continuing education is encouraged and supported. We facilitate professional growth within the two units that make up Neurosciences at Johnston-Willis Hospital, where our new nurses begin their professional growth on our Neuroscience Stepdown Unit and are able to seamlessly transition to our Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU).
Our Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU), opened in 2011, consists of 12 private rooms. These rooms includes state-of-the-art equipment where we use cutting-edge technology and the most current advances/changes in healthcare management for the most critical patients. Patient nurse ratio is 2:1 on the unit.
Our Neuroscience Stepdown Unit consists of 23 private rooms, including 2 rooms that are 24/7 Epilepsy-Monitoring Capable. All 23 rooms are equipped for telemetry monitoring. We serve adult and geriatric patients whose primary diagnosis is of a neurological and/or neurosurgical nature, often transferred from the Neuroscience ICU as well as the Medical Surgical ICU. Patient nurse ratio is 4-5:1 on the unit.
The Neuroscience RN will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and document all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provide required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. - Evaluate patient’s signs and symptoms, and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment, and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- Attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Patient Rights – The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety – The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
EDUCATION: Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required) BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in Virginia (required) American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)
Additional Salary Information: We offer competitive base salary along with generous shift differentials for nights and weekends, and in addition, a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with 100% match starting at 3% of pay as well as a robust tuition reimbursement program.
About Johnston-Willis Hospital, an HCA Affiliate, Campus of CJW Medical Center
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, an HCA Affiliate, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital—as... well as Inpatient Rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our state-authorized Level II Trauma Center Emergency Department, and our Neuroscience Units, Stepdown and Neuroscience ICU, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Back to top
910 W. Van Buren Street, Suite 502, Chicago, IL 60607
Ph: 312-419-2900 Fax: 312-419-2920
911 S. Second St., Springfield, IL 62704
Ph: 217-523-0783 Fax: 217-523-0838